Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Endless beaches- Faro, Portugal

I can't believe that we are in Portugal! What a beautiful place!!! Today we took a ferry to an island called "Ihla Deserta" (Deserted Island) and I can definitely see where it got its name. I love big cities but there is something that makes my heart happy about sitting on a beautiful beach for hours and not having a single person walk by. The island has like 6 miles of white sand beaches. The water was clear and warm and we picked up so many beautiful seashells. When people say "go to your happy place" a beach so peaceful and relaxing is where I go :) We are staying with the sweetest airb&b couple. They have a great house above the city with a pool and a wrap around deck. I'm sitting out at the table going through the pictures from the day and having a local beer called Sagres. Life is good!












No comments:

Post a Comment