Sunday, July 21, 2013

"My next thirty years will be the best years of my life..."


Today, I officially say goodbye to my 20's! I have been dreading this day for a while and now it's finally here. Someone once said "Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many". So good. Anytime you have a landmark birthday you think about your life and what you would like to do more of (and less of). I've been thinking a lot about generosity and love. I've been shown so much during this trip. It's humbling to be on the receiving end and have nothing to give back. I think that is how life is meant to be lived; trusting and helping one another. God has blessed me so much in my life and I know He will continue to lead me and provide for me. Adam and I got to spend today in Glasgow, Scotland! Which is incredible, an absolutely beautiful day!!!! Adam planned a great day of botanical gardens, shopping and eating out. The day was so perfect that I almost couldn't contain the happiness. We are staying a couple of days in a hotel and we got a free upgrade because its my d-day, oh I mean b-day. The first thing I did was take a long shower. My last shower at the campgrounds, I got completely lathered up with shampoo and soap and the water turned off. I had to go all day with a thick layer of dried soap all over me and in my hair. Needless to say it was disgusting! So today I am living it up and enjoying the first day of my 30's. So in the words of Tim McGraw...

"Now it's time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord have mercy on my next thirty years"












No comments:

Post a Comment