Monday, October 28, 2013

Where East meets West... Istanbul, Turkey

Today I walked from Europe to Asia. Yes, it was only over a bridge but still that's pretty cool. Istanbul is a city of 20-22 million people and it sits right on the river where Europe meets Asia. It was just like the movies, with all the boats and people converging in that spot. A seriously interesting place to people watch! We visited the Blue mosque, Aya Sophia, basilica cisterns, the Bosphorus river, and the Grand Bazzar. It is a GRAND Bazzar too. So many people! There were so many shops and people had their towels spread out everywhere selling things. Adam and I were so exhausted today though. Our flight in from Israel was very late so we got in at 2am. We had a terrible night of sleep and then we woke up early because we wanted to see as much as possible today. I don't know if I was just exhausted but it seemed like a pretty hard day of navigating through the city. You need to bring your A-game when navigating through large cities. Thankfully, people were really nice and helped us. Later today we are flying to Africa :) I woke up in Europe, walked to Asia and flew to Africa. Haha. 3 continents in 24 hours. My life is Epic. Now if only I could get some sleep. 









No comments:

Post a Comment